Monday, March 10, 2014

In From the Cold!



Hooray! The label and binding are finished! Nothing better than finishing the binding on a quilt. Except snuggling under it on a cold winter night. 


This quilt started off as a delicious little jelly roll that I just had to have. I had been wanting to make a Jelly Roll Race 1600 quilt for a while and this was it. A perfect match. Piecing it was quick in just one afternoon. Another afternoon to do the mitred border. A fun quick quilt.



Finished off with a label.



Embroidered little mittens to match the backing fabric.





Oh, and did I mention that I quilted it myself. I'm still in shock when I look at it!


My first try at long arm quilting. I was excited and so sew nervous! And, oh my goodness it was sew much fun! It was such an amazing feeling to be able to long arm quilt my own quilt.



I used a pantogragh from the back of the machine. A very neat process of using a laser to follow a pattern while quilting it on the front. A definite must to try if you haven't already. I rented the machine at the new Sparrow Studioz here in Calgary.




Happy Quilting,
Angelica












1 comment:

  1. Bright colours......warm and inviting! Fun to look at!!

    ReplyDelete